Tuesday, December 1, 2009

oh oh eskimo


The beginning of autumn is fun. The trees are taking their leaves off as you're putting your layers on. One cardigan becomes two and scarves are pulled out for strategic decoration. The crisp coolness is exciting, dressing up is pulled back into a dimension the summertime forgot. But winter, now that's a different kettle of fish. The ending of November has brought the correlation between degrees on the thermometer and jumpers on my back to reach its peak. It's like a battle of digits: can Celcius make itself lower than Zara can make herself measureably muffled?

From looking around and from reading other people's style blogs it seems most people wear what they want when they want, because they want to. I, on the otherhand, appear to myself to be becoming increasingly practical. Of course I care about what I wear everyday, but comfort has come around to being of a first and foremost daily importance.

Not just the sort of comfortable that brings ease and confidence, but physical comfort. Yesterday I wore two pairs of socks, a pair of tights, a pair of jeans, a vest, two long sleeved tshirts, an oversized woolen man's jumper, a knitted Aran-sweater style cardigan, and a scarf. Then for going outside I also had a coat, hat and mittens.

If this michelen-man style doesn't catch on soon then I'm going to have to seriously consider investing in some thermals...

No comments:

Post a Comment