Thursday, November 26, 2009

i heart...

i heart remembering songs you used to really like, and liking them all over again. I speak of Heart it Races by Architecture in Helsinki.

Funny though how many songs have the word heart in them. Bonnie Tyler Total Eclipse of the Heart has featured predominantly in my social life of the last two weeks, appearing twice in the space of three nights out. First occasion - pregaming in my housemates room playing Kings, I invented a karaoke round and nominated myself as dj, choosing Bonnie as jukebox song number one. Second time - last song played at WAR, myself and Dave on the windowsill.

How many heart titled songs can I think of off the top of my head now hmm
It's a Heartache - Bonnie Tyler
Hearts on Fire - Cut Copy
This Heart's on Fire - Wolf Parade
Heartbeat - Buddy Holly
Heartbeat - Islands
Heartbeats - The Knife
Shape of my Heart - Noah and the Whale
Heart and Soul - Joy Division
Plastic Hearts - Dirty Pretty Things
Olive Hearts - Bowerbirds
Heart of Glass - Blondie
Florence and the Machine - Rabbit Heart (Raise it up)
umm....

2 comments:

  1. And now for some not-Zara's-taste-in-music songs with the 'heart' in the title

    McFly - the heart never lies
    will.i.am - heartbreaker
    kanye west - heartless
    michael buble - how can you mend a broken heart
    leona lewis - stop crying your heart out
    beyonce - my heart still beats

    ReplyDelete