Monday, December 7, 2009

so? sew!

Today I had a huge amount of energy- I think the three bowls of porridge I ate for breakfast, lunch and dinner respectively can be held accountable for that. But goldilocks isn't complaining, it gave me drive to put my itching fingers to use. Since my stitch and bitch group slowly fell apart this past month I haven't been making much ( I miss knitting!!) the christmas decorations at the weekend got me back into the feel for creating. I bought a length of festive printed fabric and moved on to sewing and stuffing decorations. Then today in college I raided the scrap box for additional material now all I need is time...

In a giddy moment of looking through the Dior Fall 2009 Couture Collection and in the spirit of Make, Mend and Do, I thought how much fun would it be to get really dressed up going out but wearing your very own couture imitation creation? Using what you can get your hands on around the house to make a masterpiece - for after all, necessity was the mother of invention...


a lampshade and some tulle netting?


some nicely painted rubber gloves?


a starched pillowcase?


a shredded feather duster?

actually these ideas could come in very handy for the Alice in Wonderland trend - I bet lots of people will be throwing Mad Hatter's Tea Parties : D

No comments:

Post a Comment