Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Maybe I'm amazed

The British met the Dutch, and Lucy met Bart. They then introduced fashion, architecture and the human body to each other. Now they’re all busy working together fusing technology and art into forms not found before.

Lucy had trained as a classical ballerina but also dappled in architecture and design. Her fascination with the human body found itself a common interest in Bart’s, and together they began to look at the expression of beauty and the effects genetic manipulation causes on this perception.

Their work consists of common yet unexpected materials which are used to distort the form of the body wearing them. They challenge the concept of an ideal beauty and explore the changes that are occurring as a result of technological advances and how these lines of evolution will eventually have an impact on the development of society.

Baby I’m amazed.













I read my first issue of ‘Wound’ this week and I liked it a LOT. First impressions? It seems to be the intelligent person’s magazine. I just wish I had the money to buy any of the magazines I like, or even better had the money to subscribe. Wishful thinking. Well this issue was one I came across in college and can’t remember which one it was (my bad)... but anyway these are my two favourite fashion photographs from the winter 09 edition of iD:

Leggings, skirt and dress are Louis Vuitton. Tshirt by Leny and jacket from Beyond Retro.


These jumpers are by Ashish.

No comments:

Post a Comment