Saturday, December 5, 2009

winter wonder land

Note one: I'm getting the hang of baking with yeast! Hurrah for white breads

Note two: At home we always put our tree up on the 8th December and take it down 6th January, so to me that's when the festive season begins and finishes. Today (okay it's two days early, but close enough) I got my first Christmas feelings. We went to Una's house where there was a roaring open fire, pots of tea, and warm mince pies with cream. We had an arts and crafts day making decorations galore







Note three: with the forthcoming release of Tim Burton's adaptation of Alice in Wonderland (5th March 2010)promising to have a strong influence on the world of fashion, I thought I'd share this video (which, despite the name, is actually not a Christmas carol)



it's interesting how things change over time. or how at any given time individual interpretations of that very same thing can vary so considerably i guess

No comments:

Post a Comment