Tuesday, December 29, 2009

lovely lovely

My sister was given a gold ASOS dress from a friend for christmas that she wanted to wear today, it being her birthday. She didn't have a pair of tights she liked to match so I volunteered to cycle into town to buy her a purple cable knit pair I had seen. In the time it took me to buy the tights and a few groceries a mild blizzard had picked up and my cycle home turned me into a veritable snowman. Abominable.

The kitchen was as cosy as you please, I love being locked up and warm looking out at the cold weather, it's like being inside a car when it's bucketing down torrential rain. My afternoon was accordingly lovely, I sewed colourful buttons onto an old cardigan, baked fairy cakes (or cupcakes as they are now so popularly dubbed)with pink butter cream icing and jelly tots on top, baked brownies mmm I know lots of people think their brownies are the best but these ones really are, please don't take my word for it try them out for yourself to try and prove me wrong: They're Nigella Lawson: http://www.channel4.com/food/recipes/chefs/nigella-lawson/snow-flecked-brownies-recipe_p_1.html I took them out of the oven a few minutes early so they were the right degree of crunchy on the outside but still gooey on the inside, sprinkled with icing sugar and served with whipped cream Y U M

1 comment:

  1. oh my goodness! my mam always makes those nigella lawson brownies for us when it's our birthday! they're SOOOOO delish!

    ReplyDelete