Saturday, December 11, 2010

Honey I'm home

PHew I'm back from Scotland! Snow : Zero, Zara : One.
In a three day defeat of the weather I managed to get there and back all in one piece, encountering only a lifetime's worth of delays and cancellations of public transport services along the way. And all the sitting around and waiting with crossed fingers actually wasn't so bad because I had some Roald Dahl short stories to read and also Love in the time of Cholera, the sort of book that needs long periods of attention because it's so good you get really into it and don't want to stop reading. So that was nice.
Here I am in the airport toilets, as you do. The traveller / hiker / snowmobile / I would have broken my neck / spine / ankles, had I not been wearing my super sensible shoes, borrowed from my father thanks to his tiny feet and my many pairs of woolly socks.

I went to Edinburgh to check out the art college, and also paid a visit to Duncan of Jordanstown College of Art in Dundee. Edinburgh seems a cool place; ECA was really impressive but with 120 first year places and approximately 4,000 applicants a year, the odds don't look like they're in my favour. The courses in DJCAD sounded really good with it being compulsory to study history of art, only thing is I could never live there for four years it would be like living every day in Corrib Village. *shudder... Does anybody know what Glasgow / it's colleges are like?

No comments:

Post a Comment