Tuesday, September 28, 2010

more bread less butter

Take a spoonful of modern minimalism, add a dash of masculinity, and what have you but another delectable collection from Margaret Howell. Her designs are clean and classic yet ever so slightly over-sized, which I love because they're smart whilst looking comfortable without being sloppy.



Did you notice the shoes? Ladies? Wearing loafers?
Two years ago I went to London and a friend of a friend who is studying in LCF took us on a guided shopping tour of Brick Lane. He was wearing a battered old pair of loafers and a home made cape, and since that day I've been envious of boys who are light in their loafers for their being able to wear loafers so stylishly. Now it's our turn to do so should we please this autumn. I do like the librarian look of contrasting pretty dresses with sensible footwear but I see loafers a little above brogues in the shoe charts so I'd like to do them the honour they're due in true androgynous style. Cigarette pants, trousers tapered, cropped or rolled, all ankles out and a nice clean shirt. Dashing I say!

No comments:

Post a Comment