Saturday, September 4, 2010

fair play

By gorries but you wouldn't believe how many people read the local papers!

Last week I had the terrifying experience of my first ever telephone interview with a journalist and this week I had the equally as shocking experience of my first ever front page cover. Telling a person they will be featured "in the paper" leads them to think a short article highlighting the main points of what was discussed in the interview will be printed somewhere amongst the other news for the week- youth arrested here, vintage fair there, water shortage elsewhere, but it certainly doesn't prepare you for a page dedicated entirely to you half in picture and half in text. Well there it is anyway, my 15 minutes.


And as all publicity is good publicity let me take this time to advertise some more - if you haven't read my earlier post on the fair look here and you can also read a summarised version of the article here. It's on next Sunday so make a note in your diaries to come along for a look around ahra go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on...

No comments:

Post a Comment