Tuesday, September 21, 2010

forget about your worries and your strife

Greetings from the south of Spain! I’ve disappeared to a house in the mountains because the middle of September is the new cool kid’s holiday season. I finished work on Friday evening and packed up my desk then the next on my list of things to do was pack up my suitcase. A daunting task at first, considering A. I'm such a "maybe what if I might need x, y or z" person who always carries too much in her handbag, B. I only had one Ryanair-sized carry on case and C. Being the only girl meant there wouldn't be anyone to borrow from should I have omitted some crucial item or other... But I sang out loud to myself like a little Baloo to remind myself that all I needed were the simple bare necessities, which, as it transpires consist of one towel, two bikinis, two dresses, one jumpsuit, one pair of shorts, three tank tops, four books, and a toothbrush. Easy peasy.

The good weather, the good food, and the good times last night lead us to a mighty strong desire for a delicious greasy fast food for brunch today. So we embarked on our adventure in search of a Burger King and when parking the car I spotted a Charity Shop at the top of the hill. The dustiest looking of places from the exterior, the inside was crammed full of stock and crowded with the dogs of the very friendly volunteer lady.

I bought this leather bag for fifty cents and could possibly have come out with much more had I not been in the most indecisive of moods and so easily distracted by the small doggies who just had to be rubbed and played with; but I'm not complaining I mean I did bag a bargain after all. Har har...

No comments:

Post a Comment