Tuesday, April 20, 2010

I like books and I like boys who look like they like books

I'm shockingly unsubtle at doing double-takes in the street. If I see something of interest I just gawp; obviously; and usually open mouthedly. A boy who styles himself in a nerdy but scruffy geek chic way will always catch my eye (and then I'll catch a fly in my yawning gob) ha ha... Over-styling the look is simply ridiculous, if he's wearing a buttoned up shirt and dickie bow, braces, a cardigan, Buddy Holly glasses, ankle skimming trousers and brogues, then the silly billy is trying waaaaay too hard and it's laugh- out- loud-able. Ideally he should look slightly rough around the edges, messy hair or worn down shoes or something that indicates nonechalance and normality, that he spends more time skipping class than he does infront of the mirror.

So where I'm going with this is to say that I really like Fred Perry's latest collaboration with the print genius Liberty of London. The range, entitled 'Blank Canvas', has a classic English vibe with Libery's quintessential paisley and floral patterns making over the archetypal Perry polo shirts. It works like peanut butter and jam, the minimal simplicity and the rich patterns complement each other in a way most pleasing to my taste... And they even thought of matching shoes! What do you think? Do you like it?





2 comments:

  1. I like the colours in the shirts. The patterns are much more interesting than a shirt with a bow-tie and braces would be; and much less effort is needed, yet the effect is greater. I like!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great patterns, love the tee shirts

    ReplyDelete