Monday, March 26, 2012

S U N S H I N E

Ronan Keating, genius that he is, once said that "life is a rollercoaster" and too true were his words. Today my day was simultaneously the best and the worst day ever. Terrible night's sleep full of nightmares and a 7.30am start at work where the coffee machine was broken and two people called in sick and the till froze and the hot water machine flooded every where but then it was okay cos a man came to fix the coffee machine but that was short lived cos when he left the steamers stopped working and then the till was good again but the credit card machine went on the blink and then it was all okay cos it was LUNCHTIME and I escaped outside into the SUNSHINE for a carefree twenty five minutes before having to back inside to the chaos of hungry people getting impatient at waiting too long for their food and angry hungry people getting angry at having had their orders mixed up and then it was all okay again cos it was HOMETIME and I escaped outside into the SUNSHINE but then I had to go to the bank with the lodgement and queue for ages and then when I finally got back outside I was harassed by a swarm of charity muggers despite my greatest efforts at avoiding eye contact but then I remembered I was in the SUNSHINE and it was all good again. Until I walked past a man holding a piece of cardboard saying "I'm hungry, please help" and I felt really sad so I went back to my shop and put a scone and an apple and orange and bottle of water in a paper bag and brought it to him and then I felt happy that I had helped but wondered if he was hungry or just wanted money and was secretly angry at me but when I got on my bike and started cycling in the SUNSHINE I forgot about everything apart from the summertime feeling. And when I got home I got a big surprise as the coat I won (yes, I won the auction, congratulations I'm now hooked to online betting) on ebay had arrived and it's exactly right and the perfect fit and I love it and I wore it around the garden for a few minutes watching dad paint a bench then I was too hot so I took it off and went for a run and passed the beach where the world and his wife were out enjoying the SUNSHINE and after a quick shower I headed over to Ellen's to varnish our ceramics and we ate sushi and pringles and tasted the SUNSHINE on our shoulders. What a happy ending to a tale with a terrible start.


No comments:

Post a Comment