Wednesday, March 28, 2012

the functional wardrobe.

I don't think I've set out on a purposeful shoe-shopping expedition since the age of fifteen or whenever it was Mum took me to buy my last pair of sensible school uniform shoes, because really with having disposable income of my own shopping is more of a "I see it. I want it. I buy it" sort of activity. Except for when it comes to purchasing certain items that can only be found in certain places. Like new trainers for running that can only be found in sports shops located far far away on the other side of the city and require an immense effort to find the time to cycle the whole way there. I suppose I could have run there and left my smell old things in the bin and run home in my new speedy boots but no I couldn't do that because I somehow don't fancy the idea of exhibiting signs of athleticism in such place where I would feel very vulnerable to the scrutiny and judgement of staff or other shopping sportspeople. Anyway these are my funky new trainers which are literally and figuratively putting a spring in my step, because aside from propelling me forward they are a source of new-found energy coming from my delight at their colours and also how they match up with my favourite jumper to wear when I'm running which I bought in Beacon's Closet in Williamsburg and makes me happy to this day. Like this song. Or running while listening to this song. Or listening to this song.

1 comment: