Sunday, October 16, 2011

hurrah for the weekend

Little girls who play with their barbies and dress up in fancy frocks, steal mummy's lipstick and trot around in plastic high heels between their temper tantrums are the little princesses. But what about the ones who prefer to play outside like a tomboy, or read books like a bookworm? All these labels for the sort of child one was. Me, I was never a princess so now when I feel like a queen it's not because I'm wearing a pearl necklace and have placed a crown upon my head, no, it's because the old queen mother has been busy in the kitchen and I get to have two birthdays! Hurrah! Birthday number two was a dinner party with Katie and Lizanne as our invitees, Katie having the guest-of-honour seat at the table as she's like our longest living friend. And the food was a feast, a proper evening with all the appropriate accompanying alcohols to keep us more than merry; fit for a king.

No comments:

Post a Comment