Sunday, October 9, 2011

a familiar face in the moon

Living in the west of Ireland we get a lot of rain, but it never ceases to amaze me how the people are constantly amazed that it's raining. I do think that if it wasn't for the weather eight out of ten people in this town wouldn't have a clue where to even begin thinking of something to say to each other. It's amazing.
And so amazed am I at how my hair can go from it's lovely just-washed-and-blow-dried looking locks to fuzzy-wuzzy-dizzy-frizzy mess in the space of five seconds by simply looking out the window at the drizzle and rain that I made haste in making another hat with wool left over from the mittens. Et voila, hat hair. Excellent. I also went a bit la la and rushed into decorating the house for Halloween. We got a massive delivery of Christmas stock at work and I HATE this, how commercially there seems to be two seasons in the year- summertime and christmas time, so I thought I'd better embrace October while it lasts and craftily constructed a couple of garlands of ghouls. Spooooooooooky.....

No comments:

Post a Comment