Friday, October 14, 2011

C'est du bon cafe


Yesterday evening at about three minutes before closing time an old man and his big momma daughter came in to the shop looking for an espresso Italian style. She-a was-a his-a translator-a, and they were delighted to at last find somewhere with a good coffee machine. Apparently a strong shot in a small cup is harder to find than one would think. News to me. Or maybe that's because I know where to go. More probable. So that was the end of my working day, leaving me on a happy note because I loved that there was this old man travelling the world, seeing new things and new places, not letting his age stand in his way and still enjoying his little pleasures in life. And who had the love and support of his family with him too. Lovely closure to a day that began early in the morning. A very quiet morning with very few customers which gave me time to write up the freshly painted blackboards. And get my apron covered in stains of dripping white paint. Ever a slob....

2 comments:

  1. eight euro for a wrap? jaysis.

    -Kev

    ReplyDelete
  2. yar tis indeed but you're paying for the electricity bill from the oven that roasted the tomatoes and the pine nuts in the pesto and the three homemade salads that it comes with and the minimum wage of the silly girl who serves you with a smile

    ReplyDelete