Wednesday, June 30, 2010

did you grow that thing there or did it fall off yo mama?

To be honest I dislike facial hair on boys. I find it hard to place my finger on exactly what it is but there's just something about it being there that makes me wish it wasn't. I don't know why exactly, perhaps it's because I sort of see it as befalling those on either end of the spectrum - the patchy bum fluff of an adolescent's self discovery or the attempted compensation for loss of hair else where of a middle aged man. Which in terms of tragedy is a half a dozen of one and six of the other.

But now it seems that certain forces are at work to bring about a change whereby beards would no longer make us think along the lines of Santa Claus, Scott Howard, or even Osama Bin Laden, but should instead make us think of Fashion. Yes, Fashion... Because menswear fashion for Autumn 2011 looks to set some rather unusual trends in the area of hairstyles; possibly predicting an influx in the number of bushy face-bottoms we'll see walking around town over the next year...

Paul Smith, Yohji Yamamoto, Jean Paul Gaultier, have they all gone mad? or are these shaggy beards the new androgyny? I certainly hope not, but some people might just find themselves being super stylish before their time...


♥ ♥ ♥

2 comments:

  1. haha I LOVE this post!
    Looks like beards are everywhere on the catwalk (unfortunately...)
    Lmao I can't say I'm a fan of them :P
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha the name made me laugh in shock!
    The last picture just made me laugh cos it fits in so perfectly!
    A model in the making :D

    ReplyDelete