Tuesday, June 15, 2010

what a kerfuffle



"Rip it up yeah, that's what it's there for, so rip it up yeah, and rip it up and tear it up, until you really don't know why..."

Unless you've met Mr Michael Van Der Ham. As a gentleman playing a personal game of juxtaposition, not only does he know why, but he also knows exactly who, where, what and when to cut, chop, mix and mismatch to win hands up. Yadda yadda he went to Central Saint Martins. Blah biddy blah blah he came up trumps. Etcetera etcetera he won some awards. But who took note of the satire? Where is his medal for that? It's like we bumped into his clothes one day and they invited us over for tea, where from their armchair beside the range they proffered their view on contemporary clothing "fashion is just so transgressive these days.. So much so that I don't believe it makes a bit of difference really that my sleeve came from the eighties but my centre panel, yes that came from my grandmother's wedding dress... 1947 I believe it was... A beautiful silk brocade, so delicate, don't you think? Anyway it's fabulous isn't it my dear? The whole thing? Quite beautiful indeed... I'm so over seasonality; that's best kept for the vegetables I say! Stuff the lot of them, those fashion toffs with their airs and graces, we ought to simply get along with it darling and lets see what we can't pull together for ourselves today. Hmm who cares what anybody thinks, it couldn't matter less if you ask me as long as we enjoy today what we're wearing today. Would you like a hot drop deary?..."


Images from source A and source B and for an extra click, or C if you will, look at the Michael Van Der Ham homepage for lots more pictures

No comments:

Post a Comment