Thursday, November 25, 2010

With thanks

Yesterday the radio said today is the national 'say thank you' day and asked people to call in with their messages. I pooh poohed the idea as another of those Hallmark money making rackets like mothers, fathers, grandparents, or whatever day; buy an expensive card to show someone that you want them to think you care. But today, silly me, I realised is actually Thanksgiving Day, a real official holiday for some people in some places. So what did I do? Went and hung out with my all-American friend Colin and baked a big sweet potato pie.
Then I came home and tried to do some work on my portfolio. I've taken an old pair of ballet shoes as my starting point and although I'm supposed to concentrate on observational studies and improving my technical drawing skills, I'm feeling a bit giddy and have got distracted by silly ideas like hand puppets

No comments:

Post a Comment