Friday, May 28, 2010

traveltales


Jamie Oliver has a book out at the moment entitled 'Jamie Does...' where he takes the reader on a culinary trek through world cuisines. Well if I were to pen a self-titled guide book related to world fashion I can't decide whether I'd begin my expedition in India or North Africa. Travelling by train, donkey, camel, flying carpet, I'd traverse the exotic landscapes stopping off at markets to fill my trunks and my tummy.


Which is why I'm posting about Dries Van Noten. You may have seen his collection already but I think the colours and the patterns are exactly what I would be looking for in my wardrobe upon returning to the real world after my visit to the corners of the earth. The collection is an adventure in itself; an assemblage of fantastic fabrics that are actually really wearable. He mixed handwoven materials with silks, satins and embroideries, and blended earthy, sandy hues with bright tropical colours so we can dress ourselves like queens of the empires of long ago.






No comments:

Post a Comment