Friday, May 21, 2010

just whistle while you work

My summer holidays are to be spent in an office. Working. So not really holidays as such, I guess more correctly I should say my summer job is an office job. Either way I'll be doing a Dolly Parton on it and working nine to five, which isn't actually all that bad because it's only for a little while and plus I'm friends with everyone already from having worked there last summer so I'm not the newbie anymore (hate being the awkward new person in a place)

I started out with glamourous ideas of being a receptionist. I was going to be a Miss Moneypenny with large clip-on earrings I'd remove each time the phone rang and I'd spend an unnecessary amount of time gossiping by the water cooler. However, in reality it's less 'Mad Men' and more 'ordinary office'. But that doesn't mean I'm not thinking about what to wear.

This year I've taken to wearing shirts a lot and of late I've become rather fond of tailored trousers. I love the Princess Diana look of an oxford shirt tucked into high waisted pants so she's going to be credited as my inspiration for bringing the two together. Then I'll just try and make it a bit more me.


Photos thanks to facehunter. And in other news I have been busying my fingers with some hand crafting as my knitting season is over and I was getting fidgety waiting to get home to my sewing machine. I made a few brooches and gave some away but here's photos of the latest ones:

2 comments:

  1. the badges are so cute! i love the egg shaped baby one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to admit i'm slightly envious of your "ordinary office" job. I've fallen in love with all the tailoring around at the moment but unfortunately I'm a nanny - grubby hands and the well tailored trousers (in beige) i've been eyeing up in Zara just don't go well together. Disheartening :(

    ReplyDelete