Wednesday, February 24, 2010

So the 90's are making a comeback

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6XE1XRiLeY

Everybody, yeah
Rock your body, yeah
Everybody, yeah
Rock your body right
DUNGAREES are back, alright...

Well doesn't it seem like a logical continuation from the wave of jumpsuits and playsuits that were around last year?

Dungarees. I always wanted a pair. Actually I did have a pair once but I can't remember them given I was four or five at the time; mum had me dressed in a navy and white striped OshKosh B'gosh pair with one red and one green shoulder strap and purposely mismatched-to-match red and green socks. Bless.

Then a very gangly 14 year old me decided I really, really wanted a pair. But that there was the problem - my legs; they were just too long and I couldn't get any to fit. It was hard enough finding jeans that reached my ankles whilst managing to stay up on my waist not to mind having to worry about torso lengths and associated wedgie discomforts....

So I gave up hope and moved along from the idea resolute to one day fulfil my fashion dreams when I have a big belly bump. Because pregnancy is all about the dungarees, non?

NON!

Because now it's Spring and nearly Summer and it's 2010 and people are talking about dungarees and they're doing it in all seriousness.

I would advise, however, that they be worn with light fabrics such as silk or chiffon and steer clear of checkered shirts, cotton t-shirts, and pigtails!

From the catwalk collections we have:

Ralph Lauren

Richard Nicoll

Roberto Cavalli

Roland Mouret

Jean Paul Gaultier

Denim still features strongly but isn't as dominant as it was in the past and they're now available in a good range of materials such as crepe and printed silk. On the high street denim pairs are starting to appear and there are even some pretty floral prints to be found like these ones from ASOS and H&M:



No comments:

Post a Comment