Sunday, January 3, 2010

MEeeeee

And one day we will die
And our ashes will fly from the aeroplane over the sea
But for now we are young
Let us lay in the sun
And count every beautiful thing we can see...

Neutral Milk Hotel lyrics, I'm singing them aloud to ring in the new year and the annual arrival of aspirations for a new and better self.

This year my official resolutions are to:
1. stop smoking cigarettes
2. read more; I used to be a big bookworm but to my dismay this has fallen to the wayside. I miss reading and I blame it on the increasing amount of time I seem to spend frivolously on the internet
3. live up the last days I have left as a student; the end of education is looming and I need to enjoy these relatively carefree days as much as I can

I like the prospect of returning to the realm of reading. Coming up to Christmas Dave and I spent some pretty lovely days in Bewleys on Grafton Street, sitting by the fire by the big windows upstairs we drank coffee and read newspapers. He one day had the idea of setting up a very small book club, ourselves being the two exclusive members, so now there's no excuse for it not to go ahead. I'm terribly excited.

Now if only I had a new bag in which to put all these books I'm going to buy...


An Olympia Le-Tan design perhaps? Le-Tan creates clutch bags in the shape of books. Genius. She embroiders them with the design from the cover of the first edition of the novel, the majority of the books being popular classics. She says her favourite (book and bag) is 'The Heart is a Lonely Hunter'. My favourite of her bags is that of The Catcher in The Rye

And now I'm no longer an English undergraduate I can expand my literary horizons beyond prescribed reading lists. woot : D

No comments:

Post a Comment