Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Cake in the City

A flash of publicity for a new Edinburgh cafe! It's Vittles on Home Street, it's my place of work and it's where you should go next time you want to eat cake, listen to Mumford and Sons and sit down with a cup of coffee to watch the world go by. Plus at the weekend you'll have the pleasure of being served by my lovely smiling self - and who could possibly say no to that?
All the cakes are baked by Jemma at home in her kitchen and her mum bakes the shortbread biscuits you're given free with your cup of caffeine. If you know me and my ethics then you'll understand why I like the biodegradable packaging, the recycled cups and napkins, the locally sourced jams, chutneys, meats, deli foods, and the general 'freshly-made' system that the good folks at Vittles follow.
I'm also sharing my personal excitement over Perry Court Farm crisps as it is the first place I've seen them stocked since reading about farmer Charlie Fermor and his family business run from their farm in Kent in October's issue of Country Living Magazine. Visit the Perry Court website with a wee click http://www.perrycourtfarm.co.uk/!

1 comment: