Thursday, January 27, 2011

hey good lookin'

Heeeey, How you doin??!

Ah for all the shits and the giggles I'm a bit of a loser. I think knitting's cool - hey kids, don't do drugs and don't smoke cigarettes, do arts and crafts and stay in school! YEAH! that's right, being high on life is megawesomeous! You know that kick you get from a good game of chess?! Well you can have that every day if you live the right way!!!!

I ♥ MMORPG, WoW rulz 4eva ZOMG

Okay so there's losers and then there's losers, so maybe I'm just a lamebot who gets very excited over less-cool-than-average stuff... This year the best Christmas present I got was from my sister - it was pyjamas, a book and a ball of wool. And no I'm not sixty years old thank you all the same. (Are you putting the kettle on? I'd love a cup of tea and a custard cream...) However, this was no ordinary ball of wool; it was huge, it was massive, it was utterly ginormous! And it was grey! My new favourite colour. Which isn't such a good thing when you have a wardrobe filled with an assortment of crazily patterned mixed up colourful vintage clothes but find yourself each morning wanting only to wear something from the black family *sigh*... Welll what I did with said wool was to knit a plain and simple scarf, that ended up being ridiculously long but wonderfully lovely. Then I had more wool left over so I made a matching hat. Now I still have more wool left over but I'm going to save that for a rainy day.

I have also recently made another hat whose story was a loooooong time coming. Once upon a time there was a ball of wool that was knitted into a scarf. He plodded along rather listlessly day by day as part of the crowd. However, this poor scarf wasn't like very much a didn't lead a long or happy life. One day he was suddenly and savagely ripped apart, torn back row by painful row, stitch by sorry stitch. From his pathetic end came a new start, another, newer scarf made with a much fancier stitch. He was bumpy and lumpy and as he grew he thought he was the bee's knees. Until one cold evening he found himself subjected to the same fatal end as his predecessor. Unprovoked degradation of the highest order. Once more he who gaveth and createth tooketh and destroyedth. And then when the time was thought by all to be ripe for a happy ending to this Goldilocksian tale, gold was struck on the third. A hat was born.

No comments:

Post a Comment