Thursday, August 5, 2010

two birds and one stone

I love American Apparel (please don't stop reading) Their clothes are plain and basic and consistent in their sameness. And for some reason I think they always look good on; one of their plain white tshirts worn by itself can look cool, unlike regular white tshirts which can tend to look a little boring. I don't see AA as monotonous, rather I like to look at it in the way I look at a nice piece of blank paper -wishing I had some sharp crayola pencils at hand; for very outfit needs a solid foundation around which the imagination can work and what better than clothes that have a good cut and wash well? (Nobody is paying me to promote the label, I promise)

As an example of how, in my books, their dependability is one of their strongest traits I'm going to talk about my black dress. Not your typical LBD but it has got me out of more 'shit I have nothing to wear' situations than you would believe. Like at the weekend I had two very spontaneous nights out in a row where last minute dressing meant I had zero time to think just time to grab and run...
Night one led me to my fail-safe aforementioned black dress, and a night of a film screening projected outdoors in a candle lit garden of hammocks and armchairs, some dancing followed by good conversation and bad wine to welcome the morning. Night two led me to donning the same dress for a) proximity to hand from heap on floor and b) said fail-safeness, and then a night which saw a table tennis party and a silent disco with lots of dancing and lots and lots of sweating. Here are my two outfits and I think I'll make a pact to post a photo of everytime I wear it from now on.



Also, here's a song you might like. It's relevant here because it links my night number two together, but that aside you should listen because it will put you in the mood for dancing - the best mood of them all!


2 comments:

  1. I really really like the first outfit - great mix of texture and the necklace makes it dressy and interesting.
    Your nights out sounded fun too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how your outfits are both so different, they're a good example of AA's versatility - a dress that can be worn both as a dress and a skirt - clever!

    ReplyDelete