Monday, March 1, 2010

too sweet

Sugary shades of candy floss... I can't wear them but if I could eat them I'm sure my dentist would be seeing an awful lot of me...


Baby blues like fresh spring skies; pale yellows like fluffy Easter chicks; pastel pinks; peppermints; lilacs; lavanders; sweet shop colours on a pretty palette.

At Burberry Prorsum there were surprises from Christopher Bailey where the classic trench coat has been transformed with shoulder and texture details and the whole collection is wonderfully twisted and draped


And lucky for us, Lipsy have some very serious imiations available


Versace seems to have reverted somewhat to Donatella's love of sex-on-legs dresses, but it's the shoes I'm lusting after:


Oh yes, also Versace have the perfect sunglasses. Perfect to wear with all the lovely candy floss colours or even so perfect as to be worn in the miserable rain with sensible shoes and dreary clothes under a big black coat, who cares?! who cares that we'll never get a summer worth speaking of where the endless sunshine would be a totally substantiated excuse for buying something otherwise considered a worthwhile purchase only by those more-money-than-sense folk?


...............................................................................................................................

I also did some work experience over the weekend as a dresser at a Toni and Guy show, which was pretty cool to say the least. The clothes had come from London with the Toni and Guy team and taking directions from the art director and the creative director I was in charge of seeing twelve models were looked after. The show included on-stage demonstrations, a section of looks from London fashion week and one where the clothes were by Irish designer Joanne Hynes.


The three dresses above are Giles Deacon, and the girls below are wearing Joanne Hynes



1 comment:

  1. Omigod it's so nice to find another Irish fashion blogger! There's barely any so it's very very nice to meet you :) I love your blog - I remember the first time I set my eyes on the Burberry Propsum collection and i KNEW that I had to have something similar...love your blog!

    Love love love,

    Erin

    xx

    ReplyDelete