Saturday, November 28, 2015

splish splash

ob la de ob la da, life goes on, woah la la life goes on. Yes it does indeed and where are we at this week? Hmm knee deep in making whizz so we is. I've taken a concept about the sea because it's the best place to be; it feels free and it feels magical and that's how I want to be, so first my work must be too. I'm drawing up shapes with stories in mind, taking a trip to anthropologie in the name of research, looking in the bathroom section of course... imagining a mermaid in the bathtub... 


Ever hear the story of Tir na Nog? A magical land far far away beyond the sea? A land of eternal youth and warm winds, of feasting, music and song? A land of beautiful people and magical creatures? Well it's a place, not on the map but sure to be found, somewhere out there beyond those waves bobbing on the horizon. Go swimming, you might see it from afar. But as I can't be there right now I have to be in the studio dreaming of it. I look to the landscape of home, the brother island to this special land, and from it I take inspiration for tradition, technique and adventure.





No comments:

Post a Comment