Tuesday, May 13, 2014

We call her P-owl-a

P A U L A
Her granny sends her care parcels from Berlin, the idea of which I adore. Since my childhood days immersed in the world of Enid Blyton I've wanted to be a boarder at a school where by day we play lacrosse and drink ginger beer and by night sneak to our tuck boxes and indulge in the hushed excitement of illicit midnight feasts. The concept of a care parcel, packed lovingly by somebody who holds you dear in their mind, is so touching. Paula's granny sends her special German goods the likes of non-perishable vegan spreads and herbal teas. As my 'goodbye and I'll miss you until after Easter' gift she presented me with a linen teabag whose tag held a positive keepnote reminding the drinker to stay strong and keep hope, the exact thing that is so true yet can be so quickly forgotten in the daily commotion of life. I walked past a chalkboard outside a cafe the other day; it said "Juices to energise you, tea to calm you down & coffee to keep you awake".
As a friend she does all three.

No comments:

Post a Comment