Thursday, September 20, 2012

c'mon and talk about the happy days

The mittens I started last week have run themselves up nicely and are nearing completion. I like this wool a lot, I think it's like a man with salt and pepper hair who is often more handsome than someone with a boring old grey colour...
Afternoon tea never tastes better than on a day when you've been busy running around the city and are ready to collapse for want of a good sit-down and a slice of something sweet. This little bit of heaven on a plate was one of the most amazingly delicious carrot cakes I've ever eaten.
I walk past this shop each morning and think of how some day I'll be an old lady with lots of time to do nothing better than knit silly toys and feel really chuffed about it. And I'll knit each of my grandchildren a jumper each Christmas like Mrs Weasely does in Harry Potter.

No comments:

Post a Comment