Thursday, February 9, 2012

love is in the air

The Hallmark holiday of Valentine's Day will soon be upon us. Sigh. While some of you out there will be busy making dinner reservations and buying red roses, others will be planning their lonely chocolate fest and renting out dvds of Titanic / Brigit Jones / The Notebook / something a little more tasteful... Anyway, I changed the window display at work today (fashioning my very own lovebirds out of clothes pegs - necessity, the mother of invention)and decorated the entire inside of the shop with handmade lovehearts. It's horribly over the top but to my surprise Chen liked it. Chen's the manager. And she's pretty cool. Always happy and full of energy and enthusiasm. And if the way a person dresses on the outside really does reflect the sort of person they are on the inside, then her bright colours are a well-suited representation. A few weeks ago she went to Ikea and bought lengths of fabric and a couple of cushions on the cheap. She asked me a favour on my sewing machine and I ran up these covers for her. Look at me, making a house a home using my crafting skills. Kirstie Allsopp had better watch out!

No comments:

Post a Comment