Saturday, January 7, 2012

pop goes the weasel

I don't believe I've even mentioned Tavi Gevinson here before and I shall refrain from doing so again today. I will however point all my fingers at this magnificent jumper^^^featured on the cover of POP magazine. It's more fun than a clown making balloon animals; it's like a colourful science project of the solar system; it's Ashish 2009.

Unfortunately I find all designs (with the exception of aforementioned awesome jumper) to be horribly hideous, but I took inspiration from these pompoms and two of my favourite things - raw vegetables and knitting. Between which there is a perfectly logical connection, right?
It began with beetroot-stained fingertips and ended with digging out a ball of bright pink wool from my box that I bought about two weeks ago after thinking I liked the colour pink after this issue of ID magazine. So anyway I started knitting and then I had some soup and a new hat. The end.

No comments:

Post a Comment