Thursday, October 14, 2010

in ship shape

Has the nautical look ever actually properly been in fashion? I can't recall a time where it was the key trend for a season(but maybe I'm not the most knowledgeable of historians)yet as far as I can remember it has never been unfashionable. A bit like breton stripes I guess, something nearly everyone has and that experiences the odd resurgence in popularity every now and then. Either way I'll make a nifty comparison between it and the tide - always there, coming and going, difficult to judge the point when it's fully in and hard to tell if it's fully out.

Stylistically I've never been a big nautical fan, but these past two days I've happened to find myself looking rather like a sailor. Perhaps it's because I recently posted about a seafaring collection by Junya Watanabe or perhaps it's a sign of my aging; dementia is setting in leading me to forget what it was I wore the day before leaving me with an unconscious leaning toward the same the following morning. Oh no! Groundhog day here I come!!



Day One: Tshirt from the Dublin Flea Market, skirt from H&M, cardigan from H&M, headscarf from a charity shop



Day Two: Blouse from a vintage shop in Paris worn with Topshop jeans... Want to know a secret about this blouse? Which makes it ten times more supermus awesomeus? It was in one of those big bargain baskets and cost me ONE euro.

2 comments:

  1. I think the key with nautical is that it can be reinvented slightly each season, and always looks clean and chic. Love the vintage blouse, €1 is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the blouse :)

    You might like some of what I have to offer @ SHOPinVOGUE. Take a look if you haven't already!

    http://decadeinvogue.blogspot.com/p/shop-invogue.html

    ReplyDelete